The theme for this month's Practice Series is CREATIVE SPARK.
It’s finally springtime in the northern hemisphere, and life is bursting forth around us. It’s a powerful time of growth, creation, and creativity.
This week’s seven-minute practice will help you connect to your own creative impulse to move and grow—sloughing off any heavy winter energy and discovering what’s ready to spring forth in you. To start, you’ll want to be in a place with some privacy.
This practice is for subscribers only:
- Find a space where you feel comfortable dancing and make sure you have room to move freely.
- Before you start the music, stand tall and bring one hand to your heart and one to your belly.
- Close your eyes and feel your body. Feel your feet against the earth, your own sense of rooting and connection.
- Stay here for a couple deep breaths, then open your eyes.
- Press play below and begin to move from a place of inner listening. How does your body want to move in this moment? Allow your judgments and expectations to fade into the background.
- Feel the pulse of your own being and celebrate your aliveness! [/et_bloom_locked]
Song: "Maha Yogi" (feat. Domonic Dean Breaux & Manoj Chalam) by Marti Nikko & DJ Drez
How does this creative spark of movement feel for you today? If you were to pick one word to describe your experience or your body’s expression, what would it be?
Please share it in the comments below. Let’s see what’s springing forth for each of us.