This week we will connect with and bring gratitude to the elements within us, to build a strong connection to nature wherever we are. By building intimacy with the earth, we forge a connection that becomes the basis for any stewardship. We do it for love.
This first five-minute practice will initiate our journey into nature through the elements. If possible, do this outside, lying on the grass or sitting anywhere you can be comfortable. If that's not possible, you can do this right where you are.
- Take one minute to breathe, allowing full breaths all the way down into your belly.
- Begin to notice the elements that you see around you: earth, air, water, fire.
- Now close your eyes and begin to feel the elements within you—your watery blood, the fiery spark of your heart, the earth of your bone, the air moving in and out of your lungs.
- Notice whatever comes up for you as you do this, allowing space for any images, emotions, ideas, or sensations.
- Say aloud or silently repeat “thank you” to each element for its gifts.
Repeat this daily in order to build this loving connection. Stay tuned for next week, as you will chose an element to work with for the month to deepen your connection to nature through your relationship with that one element.
Please share in the comments below: What came up for you as you felt the elements within you?