The theme for this month’s practice series is.
It’s been an intense week for many people, on a personal and global level. However you're feeling, this week's practice invites you to give yourself a break from holding it all together, a moment to move your body and release.
Allow yourself to feel what is present for you right now and dedicate this five-minute dance to shake off what is no longer needed. It may be tension in your shoulders or a pattern that holds you back from fully manifesting your gifts. We can also expand outward and feel what we wish to release in our world—perhaps war, violence, or greed. Whatever is in your heart today, this week’s practice invites you to dedicate a song to letting go.
- Stand up and place one hand on your heart and one on your belly.
- Take a couple breaths to connect with your experience in this moment.
- Bring to your awareness anything you’re ready to let go of—whether it’s something in your life, in the world, or both.
- Press play on this song and allow your body to move or dance in any way you’re called to. Offer your movements as a dedication or prayer for release. Shake off anything that is no longer needed and give yourself permission to feel whatever you feel today.
- When the song ends, bring your hands back to your heart and belly and reconnect to what is here for you now, before returning to your day.
Photo by Pasquale Vitiello; Song: "Let Go" by Frou Frou