Practice Series: Take 3 Minutes to Discover Beauty

211

This week's easy three-minute practice will help you cultivate your connection to creative inspiration. You can do this right now, wherever you are.

This practice is for subscribers only:

InvokeOptIn

Join Our Weekly Adventures to Cultivate Your Creative Spark!

We'll send you an easy 5-minute practice each Monday to help you:

~Gain more access to your creative power and voice

~Infuse your daily life with inspiration

~Join forces with a creative community of women

Yay! You are subscribed!

If you’d like to take this observation into creative expression, take an additional few minutes to write about the beauty in the item that called to you.

What beauty did you discover? Please share your experience in the comments below.

For best results, we encourage you to do steps 1-6 every day this week. This will cultivate your ability to find inspiration in your surroundings at any time.

Photo by Paul Jarvis

Pin on Pinterest0Tweet about this on Twitter0Email this to someone

Emily Levang

About

Emily has a passion for news with both truth and heart. As co-founder of Invoke, Emily’s vision is to bring women’s voices together in the trials, triumphs, and bad-ass moments that make us powerful, vulnerable and creative. Emily is a certified Integral Coach, a leadership facilitator and earned a BA in Economics. Her yoga and meditation practices keep her grounded while she expresses her feminine grit and grace.

STUFF WE LOVE

'Take 3 Minutes to Discover Beauty' have 15 comments

1. April 14, 2015 @ 9:36 pm Anna

I looked up at the recessed light in my kitchen ceiling and noticed cobwebs spun together into a beautiful, delicate star. Usually I might see this as a glaring reminder of my need to clean—i.e., as a sign of lack. But today I’ll see it as a secret wink of beauty just waiting to be discovered!

2. April 18, 2015 @ 1:21 pm Wendy

I’m looking at my bundle of tulips, well beyond their usual point of brilliant color, form and beauty. The water that holds them is sludgy. But I keep them anyway, watching them transform into shapes that are reminiscent of the iris; their petals draping into a more open, more receiving form. These less moist, less upright versions of their previous selves are, perhaps, more poignant as they ready themselves to be tossed into my outdoor garden where they will lie next to the newly emerging bulbs that are just now poking through this sun drenched soil.

• Emily Levang

April 22, 2015 @ 4:28 pm Emily Levang

Ahhh…. the beauty of the life cycle comes through so strongly in your words. Thank you for sharing Wendy!

3. April 22, 2015 @ 2:11 pm Chris

i have had a KwanYin statue in my room for years but today was the first time I was drawn to deeply look at it. I found myself being taken into a lesson of compassion, trust and how to be that in this existence!

• Emily Levang

April 22, 2015 @ 4:25 pm Emily Levang

Chris, I am so inspired by what you shared! I am also very drawn to Kwan Yin. What a gift to receive a teaching on compassion and trust through your sharing.

4. April 23, 2015 @ 3:20 am Milanna Meyr

I am looking at the blue and white pieces of various thrift store accessories I have purchased to decorate my home and I am seeing for the first time that the blue and white reminds me of my love of the ocean and the clouds. As a kid and now how I find peace as I watch the waves and clouds for hours on end and marvel at how they are always changing and moving. It reminded me of what I like best about myself. Moving and changing. Coupled with the fact that each one of these items I radomly found by chance; reminded me to “go with the flow” and to take each day…..”day by day”. Living in the NOW. The ebb and flow of life is my adventure and I love it!

5. Emily Levang

April 26, 2015 @ 2:02 pm Emily Levang

Hi Milanna, reading your words I feel the interconnectedness of life, how it is the same beauty that flows in us, around us, through us. I love that you appreciate the moving, changing, and flowing! Thank you for sharing.

6. May 14, 2015 @ 6:33 pm Mariana

It is night. Only one light near by the computer.
    I started to look around. Slowly.
    I look at this clothespin. It is at the end of my work desk. It is a pink, simple clothespin.
    Almost unnoticeable. Enough to attract me.
    Alone and quiet.
    Waiting for his moment to receive the light.

7. May 23, 2015 @ 6:07 am Cynthia

I have a couple beautiful paintings in my sacred space that I could have focused on, but it was my 3 year old granddaughter’s simple painting from her painting book that caught my gaze. Her innocent choice to paint the kitty red just because she liked that colour. ..no rules or judgments just a free creative expression of her joy to choose a colour she loved. It reminds me that too often I attenuate myself by ‘rules’ that box me in and limit my soul’s joyful expression.

8. June 19, 2015 @ 6:45 pm amy

The first sense is activated before I even open my eyes, the sent of vinegar fills my nose. There are other sent mixed with it, of an earthy nature. The salad that once filled the bowl is making its way through my body and the mushrooms creamy flavor still lingers. What I notice is the bowl. Simple and plain before now. It has been transformed by presence and ever changing with time. Flecks of orange, and green, and white now cling to its insides. The light glistens off the oil like sun light on a still, flat lake. The salad is part of me now, is it gone or just changing form?

9. September 7, 2015 @ 2:24 pm Annie

I noticed a carved rosette in an old writing desk. It’s symmetry called to me, replacing my chaotic thoughts with peaceful order. The intricate leaves carved into this perfect circle speak wholeness to me. Calm.

10. September 30, 2015 @ 7:03 pm Denise johnson

What I would have benifited from having a forum such as this. I congratulate you and thank you for sharing and caring with all ages .

If you are lucky you will grow old, let us appreciate each and every stage of maturity .

11. October 16, 2015 @ 1:19 pm Julie

My eyes fall upon a Panda I have just finished. A very realistic looking, hand knitted and naturally soft toy with a tartan ribbon tied around his neck. I loved my Panda when I was a baby. They are such soft, placid and gentle creatures. Panda is a gift for my 5 month old granddaughter. I hope she grows up in a world that is the same as the Panda’s character. Please God don’t let the Panda or it’s qualities become extinct. Let the human race learn to be gentle, empathetic and kind to others and the planet. More like a panda.

12. November 29, 2015 @ 8:27 am Tracie Nichols

Leafless tree limbs flung against a pearl gray sky. These capture my senses, and my heart. Oak, cherry, white pine and ash tumble rough and smooth against gray and ashy brown, slender and knobbly, resinous and sharp. I could loose myself following the strands of this deciduous, coniferous lace.

13. February 26, 2016 @ 6:45 pm Donna Bird

As I took a deep breath I focused on my cat that was laying next to me. His innocent and beautiful eyes looked at me. He is a beautiful creature that needs me. I think I need him as much as he needs me.

Would you like to share your thoughts?

Your email address will not be published.

invoke-logo-400

Did You Enjoy This Article?

Sign up for weekly inspiration and articles grounded in feminine wisdom!

You have Successfully Subscribed!